GPU Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Advanced GPU technology is at the heart of Apple’s products. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to help lead software work in this area. You’ll be responsible for leading communication between several worldwide engineering groups at Apple, and helping to define and run processes that ensure the GPUs on our systems on chip are ready for future products. Apple’s Interactive Media Group provides the media and graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, to Apple TV, iTunes, and Mac. As a key link between developers and our hardware, IMG drives Apple’s media and gaming experiences through several APIs, including Metal.
- 5+ years of Project Management in a high-tech environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership on major, multi-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand technical concepts in a wide range of fields
- Demonstrated ability to provide succinct, accurate executive summaries of complicated situations
- SOC and GPU experience a strong plus
- Interest in mobile development a plus
The IMG EPM team plays a meaningful role in defining and executing on the process to validate the GPU Hardware implementation and software running in our systems on chip (SoC)s. As the EPM in this area, you’ll own, or participate in: Defining and tracking progress towards milestones in software and hardware bring-u. Tracking daily GPU bring-up activities, reporting progress and issues to senior management. Maintaining a multi-year roadmap of products and planned GPU implementation. Defining communication between other engineering teams and Apple partners.
Education & Experience
BS/MS (EE/CS/CE a plus)