Beats Engineering Program Specialist
Culver City, California, United States
Apple's Engineering Program Management Team is looking for a resourceful, high-energy Engineering Program Specialist (EPS) to lead and assist with Configuration Management, Supply Chain Management, Vendor and Logistics Management. We look up to you for strategic solutions, can help us lead and work with cross-functional teams to manage BOMs, perform risk analysis, and track changes to support the engineering development builds.
- Deep understanding of Configuration Management / Manufacturing Process and BOM structuring, preferably with experience using AGILE and HW Development platforms
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) with proficiency in Excel
- Unparalleled multi-tasking abilities, should be able to manage, organize and maintaining large quantities of data
- Top-notch critical thinking skillset
- Ability to react to resets and changes in a time sensitive environment
- Excellent organization and conflict resolution skills with the ability to see around corners
- Experience with overseas vendors
As an EPS, you will be working closely with various Engineering Teams, Engineering Program Managers, Global Commodity Managers, New Product Security, and Finance. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR: - Build, manage and expedite Engineering Change Orders, Manufacturer Change Orders for Engineering builds - Maintain BOM's (Bill of Materials,) AML's (Approved Manufacturer's List) and part numbers for multiple projects - Maintain and handle the packaging BOMs, PRQ programs and extensions. - Reviewing and approving engineering change orders, providing feedback to engineers when necessary - Communicating BOM status within the development team while driving timely part releases and corresponding documentation - Material demand planning, inventory control and logistics readiness from vendors to OEMs - Managing the logistics of ordering and tracking parts for early prototyping and engineering builds throughout development - Managing communication with vendors and contracted manufacturing partners closely to drive and track materials and shipments, trouble-shooting any issues that may arise - Adhere to New Product Security requirements for Project Sensitivity Levels for all Programs - Manage Development Distribution units for all Build Phases. Ensure allocations testing teams and In Region cross functional teams are received and confirmed - Traveling internationally to support engineering builds
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or 3+ years of industry experience
- - Mandarin fluency is a bonus.
- If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you and explore how we can have you be part of our team.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.