Engineering Program Manager - Strategic Data Solutions
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Program Managers (PGM) on our Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team deliver process and analytic solutions that have a strategic impact on Apple. They drive decision automation using machine learning that allows Apple to execute w/ greater speed, control, efficiency, and scale. They help realize business opportunity and balance operational trade-offs through data science. They are also expected to lead across multiple functional teams to conceptualize, build, and deliver these automated and forensic decisions which requires continuous problem solving, rapid learning, and an innovative mindset. It also requires a high level of discipline, patience, and self-awareness as you work with many different business and engineering teams. Most importantly, SDS Program Managers allow Apple to continue to provide extraordinary service to each and every one of its customers.
- Experience in payments or fraud systems desired
- 5+ years of experience as a program or project manager
- 3+ years work experience leading successful, high-impact technical projects
- 3+ years of working experience as a program or project manager in a data science, big data environment.
- Fraud, Finance and digital experience preferred
- Knowledge of technical project management standard methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to connect with individuals at all levels and develop partnerships
- Shown ability to lead change through positive influence of co-workers, leadership, and business partners
- Ability to build and deliver effective executive communication
- Inquisitiveness and a desire for continued self-improvement and development of new skill
- Work closely with our team of business analysts, data scientists, and project managers - Develop partnerships with key business leaders across a variety of teams at Apple, to include finance, operations, engineering, and corporate security - Translate business needs into initiatives with well-defined business requirements - Identify new business opportunities and develop solutions that balance impact, cost, resourcing, timeline, likelihood of success, and analytic risk - Develop and prioritize analytic development sprints - Manage business critical metrics - Effectively communicating project status and analytic results Employees work independently, grasp new concepts quickly, and be capable of leading analytic projects down to the details. You will work well under limited supervision and use good judgment to know when to update and seek guidance from team members, partners, and leadership. Experience leading successfully in uncertain and changing environments with competing priorities and minimal resourcing or formal structure. You will be expected to effectively communicate with various levels of the organization and shift rapidly between communications styles (technical review through executive update). Example activities include: - Planning and driving multi-functional projects with business partners - Driving internal analytic development projects - Leading analytic investigations - Facilitating change management initiatives - Delivering quarterly business reviews
Education & Experience
BS / MS in computer science, engineering, business analyst or related technical field a plus Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.