VFX Pipeline Supervisor
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom) designs and delivers iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps, and retail stores. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We work on high-impact projects that serve various lines of business, use the latest technologies, and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. The VFX Pipeline Supervisor develops the VFX pipeline used for running post-production workflows from assets creation to shots execution and tracking. Creates programming for the COR pipeline, provides the framework that all other work is built on. Builds custom libraries that allow our internal tools to talk to the database tools (NIM/ fTrack). Builds and maintains COR toolset, which includes corUI, ingest and packaging plugins. Designs and implements pipeline infrastructure to help with assets and shots file sharing between multiple teams in several locations. Develops custom tools for tracking systems (NIM / FTrack) for internal videos post-production reviews and assets delivery. Develops custom scripts and plugins to streamline 3D assets and data caching exports between departments. Other duties as necessary.
- You will motivate and inspire the VFX Pipeline Team, working collaboratively across Marcom with LAVA, IPS, Video, and other teams that access the VFX Pipeline.
- You are an expert in Tools creation and development
- You have extensive VFX experience
- You have technical troubleshooting experience in complex environments
- You remain curious, asking questions and digging deep to find solutions
- You have technical project management experience
- You follow through with responsibilities and fosters mutual trust with fellow team members and internal customers
- You are inventive and have proven technical problem solving skills
- You possess exceptional communication and time management skills, and you can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- You have good judgment and can follow security practices to protect our unreleased images from exposure
- You are a natural leader and committed to the success of others in the team
As a leader on the VFX Pipeline team, you will play a critical role in helping the team craft world-class marketing assets for Apple’s released and unreleased products. Share your VFX Pipeline expertise with the team, as well as stakeholders on other teams using the VFX Pipeline Troubleshoot workflows and tools usage issues Build relationships with producers, engineering and VFX Pipeline users, and become a trusted partner Follow security protocols, and make sure our tools maintain InfoSec security requirements. Continuously learn and teach others on the team
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or equivalent degree Minimum of 6 years writing code for tools creation Experience working in a large sale, fast paced production environment High end VFX creation experience a plus