Data Center Maintenance Technician - Prineville, OR
Prineville, Oregon, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you excited by working and learning in a fast paced dynamic environment? Do you wish to be challenged and to think outside of the box? We are searching for a highly motivated detail oriented Maintenance Technician that will be responsible for fixing and maintaining electrical and mechanical systems in a high-demand challenging critical data center environment.
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in facilities systems. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical and Building Monitoring and Control.
- Ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on these systems.
- Learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on call.
- Understand the Data Center environment and excel in customer service.
- A self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Ability to learn quickly, works autonomously, and addresses any issues that arise day or night.
- A willingness to provide on-call support in case of emergencies or other off hours issues at the facilities
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Two or more years at journeyman or technician level, or the equivalent in a high-demand environment (preference given to data center, hospital, or power plant experience).
- Two or more years in mechanical/HVAC, electrical, or a combination of both; mechanical applicants will or will be able to obtain a Universal Refrigerant Handler’s certification (CFC).
- Deep understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, ATS/STS units, electrical power bus, Chillers, Air handling units and CRAC units. Have the ability to read MEP schematics.
- Be open to all shifts.
Apple seeks authority facilities technicians to operate, monitor, and support the data centers. Working under the direction of the Data Center Facilities Manager, Maintenance Technicians interact with support teams at Apple headquarters and with local contractors and vendors. Technicians will ensure that facilities problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services, and that internal customer demands are met. A good technician develops creative approaches to keep operational costs to a minimum, improve efficiency, and implement consistent maintenance strategies. This position requires shift work that includes swing, grave, weekends and holidays.
Education & Experience
An Associate’s degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field such as HVAC, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.