Software Engineer - Apple Online Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here.. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Online Store team is looking for a Java back end engineer to work on building the service infrastructure for the online store. You should be prepared to learn and work through dynamic technologies. You come prepared to collaborate with a variety of development, testing and release management teams in the course of executing their role.
- Distributed message based architecture at high scale
- Object Oriented Design, NoSQL data design, Data Structures, Algorithms, Concurrency, Async Service Calls, and REST
- MESSAGING: SOLACE, KAFKA, RABBITMQ, OR EQUIVALENT
- Caching technologies: Hazelcast, Memcache, Redis
- Databases: Oracle, Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB
- Languages and Frameworks: Java, JEE, Spring, JPA, REST
- Excellent communication and reciprocal skills
- EXPERIENCE IN ARCHITECTURE OR API DESIGN
- Experience with reactive, event driven architectures like Akka, Play Frameworks.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams
- Tried and true ability to deliver results on time with high quality
As part of the Online Store Engineering team, your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver extraordinary engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Your work will focus on building high throughput, high performance, reliable solutions for the Apple online store. You will join a premier team and collaborate multi-functionally with other teams around the world to deliver architectural upgrades for our Apple Stores (http://store.apple.com).
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. 5 years of experience or related occupation.