Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
As a DevOps Engineer here at Apple, you will be part of a team building infrastructure and tools for exciting new technologies that will shape the future. We build product tools that enable control and testing of new hardware, tools for enhancing developer workflows, and automation pipelines for product development. You will work in a startup-like environment where products are still being defined and developed, giving you the chance to influence some of the core tools used by the project. You will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment. We are looking for a motivated individual who is passionate about joining Apple's engineering team in Sunnyvale, California as a Senior Dev Ops Engineer. We are focused on autonomous technology that spans across numerous different technology disciplines. Do you enjoy making foundational changes that increase speed, reliability and robustness of systems that benefit large sections of people across an organization? Do you see envision and formulate solutions to infrastructure problems while thinking like a software developer? If so, you would fit right into our team and we can't wait for you to join us and help us grow.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, HTTP, TLS, LDAP, DNS and similar services.
- Expertise with TLS certificates including the Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP)
- Expertise in software and hardware load balancers: Citrix Netscaler, F5 Big IP, nginx or HAProxy
- Experience implementing mutual TLS
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux management and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in Ansible or similar configuration management tool.
- Proficiency in scripting and programming
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Experiencing leading, supporting and fixing production environments.
- Ambitious, focused and solution-oriented individual.
- DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Cloud certification and/or experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Git
- Experience handling business critical production systems at scale.
- A passion to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand.
- Familiarity with centralized logging solutions like Splunk or Elasticsearch for investigating or monitoring problems on systems.
- Solid experience in trouble shooting, debugging, and performance measurement.
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies like VMWare Fusion, VMWare Workstation, VMWare ESXi, Vagrant, Docker.
- Awareness of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Graphite or Prometheus
This position requires a highly motivated individual who likes large-scale challenges in a fast paced environment. You will support the Apple Online Store and ensure services are up, work on improving reliability and availability, will think creatively and come up with innovative solutions to automate the manual support activities. Work closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver extraordinary engineering products in an exciting dynamic environment. Your work will focus on building high throughput, high performance, reliable solutions in areas related to cart, product upgrade/activation and checkout domains that support Apple online stores. You will join a best-in-class team and collaborate cross-functionally with other teams around the world to deliver architectural upgrades for our Apple Stores (http://store.apple.com).
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 3+ years experience