SAP Engineering Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about solving complex business challenges with process engineering and technology? Do you thrive in environments that require multi-functional thinking, collaboration, and innovation? Apple's SAP Global Systems organization within IS&T has an opening for SAP Engineering Project Manager to lead and drive initiatives supporting AppleCare supply chain execution business. We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and hands-on project lead to join our team. Want to be challenged to think creatively? Ready to be part of a team that makes a difference?
- 7-10 years of excellent/hand-on experience in SAP LE/MM/WMS configuration knowledge and understanding of other SAP modules (SD, TMS, SNC, EM) to design and implement complex, global and cross-functional supply chain execution projects
- Strong leadership skill to drive and lead SAP projects; prioritizing work, coordinate multiple projects in parallel; applied software development and project management methodologies to deliver and implement key projects
- Experience in directly leading a global and diverse team and ability to drive the project forward with a sense of urgency
- In-depth understanding of B2B integration framework to connect SAP with the supply chain partners, develop technical specifications and partner system design in order to implement end-to-end solutions across extended enterprise. And more concrete: Able to define and enhance system interfaces or API of various types (ALE, sFTP, IDOC, EDI, XML, RFC)
- Superb communication skills with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels
- Innovative, highly motivated, and ability to learn quick
- Able to read / interpret and debug SAP ABAP/4 programming language
- Knowledge of workflow and process orchestration engines such as SAP BRF+ and SAP Process Orchestration
- Prior experience with business processes in global logistic, reverse logistic, service and repair logistics would be advantageous
As a SAP Engineering Project Manager you will influence a team, design, develop, and implement SAP AppleCare supply chain execution projects at Apple. You should have in-depth knowledge of SAP Logistics Execution/Material Management/Warehouse Management Systems; understanding of other SAP modules such as SD, TMS, SNC and EM; awareness of end-to-end Logistics and Supply Chain processes; and need to be familiar with SAP extensibility framework to customize standard capabilities. Responsibilities include owning the project timelines, budgets, resource allocation as well as working with the business users to define scope and capture business requirements, providing conceptual and detailed designs to meet business needs, performing necessary SAP configurations, writing detail specifications for development of custom programs, testing and implementing the automated solutions.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent.