Siri -Engineering Manager - Apps, Music, and Media for Siri Search
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Siri Search helps hundreds of millions of people find the content they're looking for and a critical part of that mission is helping them stay up to date on the latest Apps, Music, Movies, and TV shows. Whether they're asking Siri for Movies in theaters nearby, finding the latest song or podcast in Spotlight, or searching for that new app they heard about in Safari, users rely on us for quick and easy access to the media they love. The Siri team is looking for a leader who wants to bring their passion for search to Siri and can motivate a team of engineers to deliver the best Apple experiences for Siri Search and Apps, Music, Movies, and TV shows. Our team combines strong technical skills, product vision, and a love of all things media to bring together the pieces needed to deliver a world-class experience in Siri.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor, and grow technical teams
- Expertise in full product lifecycle; technical designs, project planning, iterative implementation, and successful product launches
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Large scale systems design experience
- Search relevance experience
- 5 years minimum of experience writing high-performance server software on Linux/Unix
- You have 2+ years of experience in building and managing highly skilled teams of engineers
Apple's Siri team is seeking a hands-on Engineering Manager to lead App, Music, and Media product and quality improvements in Siri Search. As a member of our fast-paced group, you'll have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products from Apple. This role focuses on leading the development of systems, algorithms, and ranking systems that drive media use cases and results as well as leading end-to-end quality measurement and improvements for these use cases. You will lead and grow a team of software engineers. Surprising and delighting Siri Search customers You will manage, mentor, and grow a team of software engineers Architect and develop Siri Search product features and improvements Drive end-to-end quality improvements for Siri Search You will drive technical and cross-functional projects and provide leadership in an innovative and dynamic environment
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S. Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent work experience We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.