Software Quality Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The QA team here in Austin is growing. We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Software Test Engineer to join our core team of test engineers for the Apple Online Store. You are ambitious and able to succeed in a dynamic environment where curiosity and creativity is welcomed. You are inventive and focused in your approach to how you work and resolve problems within project deadlines. We need someone who is open to working in an exciting environment with rapidly changing priorities. This person will be creative and inspired to invent new ways to help build better products.
- 7+ years of experience in Quality Engineering, with focus in e-commerce/web applications testing
- You have a real passion for product quality and uncovering hard to find scenarios and bugs. You have high attention to detail and you are good at finding edge cases.
- You are familiar with Agile development processes and testing methodologies, and you can scope/prioritize testing responsibilities.
- You have good communication, organization and coordination skills.
- You have strong analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting techniques.
- You have experience prioritizing problems in problem tracking software applications.
- You don't mind working independently.
You will work with the Agile team to test features and functionalities to ensure high quality delivery for each sprint that conforms to user story acceptance criteria. You are responsible for testing, solving and debugging features that are developed. You will be building test plans and detailed test cases. You work closely with product design and product management teams to understand requirements and translate them to test plans for functional and regression testing. You will communicate detailed QA status reports and issues in a timely manner. You will analyze crash logs, backtraces and assist engineers by utilizing basic debugging techniques.
Education & Experience
Computer Science degree or equivalent Engineering degree, with 7 years of industry experience