Embedded Software Engineer - Power / Thermal
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Thermal Technology group is seeking a passionate engineer to work on development of embedded firmware in Apple products. You will develop embedded system controller, low-level peripheral driver, communication firmware as well as system level software. The position requires high level thinking to architect system level solutions and excellent communications and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Working on this technology you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the implementation and quality of Apple's next generation products. Our environment fosters innovation and rapid product iteration within a creative solution space.
- 3+ years of system level software experience
- Working knowledge of hardware design for embedded applications.
- Ability to read schematics.
- Experience with ARM based micro controller
- Experience with micro-controller peripherals including I2C/SMBus, serial port, SPI, ADC converters and thermal sensors.
- Hands on experience with test equipment including scopes, analyzers, and multi-meters.
- Excellent collaborative skills and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
Write code in C/C++ for embedded micro controller application Architect and implement communication protocols to other subsystems. Analyzing telemetry and control loop responses. Analyze and explain cross functionally system thermal/power/performance trade-offs Influence software design and specifications of future HW products.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills
- Scripting experience using Perl, Python or similar scripting languages. Thermal and/or power management experience. Working knowledge of embedded controller RTOS.