Project Manager (eCommerce)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. You will work with significant and dynamic projects in support of Apple's Retail business and will deliver innovative solutions and software The worldwide (WW) Retail & Online Stores (R&OS) team is responsible for delivering the electronic commerce (eCommerce) systems and solutions that enable and support the Apple Online Store (AOS) - one of world’s largest online retail businesses, serving millions of customers around the globe. The team is part of Apple’s Information & Systems (IS&T) division, and is based primarily in Sunnyvale, California with teams in Austin, TX, London and Singapore supported by offshore consultants in India - working as a single global team.
- 10+ years experience in project management and resource management in complex environments for budgets in the millions of dollars.
- Strong understanding of controlling and running budgets, resource management and forecasting.
- Project and program management experience in a software development environment
- Specific deep experience and functional expertise in electronic commerce for consumer products.
- Experience with engineers in a dynamic, high-pressured environment - able to have credibility with world-leading technologists that are experts in their field, and need someone with a strong personality and the ability to establish relationships with deeply technical people.
- Experience leading multiple high priority projects at a time and driving them forward with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- A phenomenal teammate with a positive attitude who builds relationships quickly.
- Proven ability to partner and influence multi-functionally to identify, evaluate and execute strategic plans.
This senior role is for an ambitious senior project management professional who has several years experience of working in a dynamic eCommerce environment. The primary responsibility will be for the delivery of complex multi-functional software engineering programs and products for the AOS platform and potentially leading a team of project managers, technical analysts, resources, budgets and the related reporting for program.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of ten years relevant work experience. Masters/MBA preferred.