Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you want to affect the lives of millions of Apple customers? Apple Hardware Engineering is looking for you to join as an ECAD engineer to support, train, and customize the methodologies, vendor tools, workflows, and custom applications used to create electrical designs and bring them to fabrication. You will work with the multi-functional hardware engineering staff on a day-to-day basis to resolve design issues and provide guidance for engineering best practices. You will contribute to a wide-range of initiatives and projects to bring to light an improved engineering environment and more educated engineering staff.
- Your deep knowledge of PCB design tools, preferably Allegro, Sigrity, and Concept
- You bring experience with component library workflows.
- Do you love to develop and deliver training?
- Are you consultative in your customer-facing engagement?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to work with different constituencies operating at various skill levels
- Ability to address technical design issues, by arriving at root causes.
- Thrives in a dynamic work environment, both independently and as a part of a team
- Get-it-done attitude
- PREFERRED TOOL EXPERIENCE:
- Cadence Allegro or Mentor Expedition, along with automation programs in languages such as Skill
Your objective is to support hardware engineering through its printed circuit board (PCB) design, component, and simulation workflows by identifying, driving triage, and insuring debugging issues are met within defined timelines. We create training and deliver on best practices with regards to PCB design, component, simulation tools, and workflows. We identify and generate hardware design workflow requirements and premier practices
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent