Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Software Development Engineer in Test to help establish the team that will be the core of test engineering for the Apple Retail Online Store, team. You are passionate and able to succeed in a dynamic environment; you should work well and stay cool under pressure and stress. You are inventive and focused in your approach to work and solving problems within project deadlines.
- QA lifecycle testing, including regression, negative, error bug and user acceptance testing.
- Analyze, design, code, inspect, debug, and test new software solutions in the internal tools area with emphasis on Java/J2EE development.
- Enhancement of framework design and development of new test suites with Java (Object Oriented Programming), Selenium, Maven, TestNG, ReportNG, Bamboo and Jenkins.
- Experience in testing web services (REST or SOAP).
- Functional back-end database testing using SQL and MongoDB.
- Familiar with the testing challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications. Preferably E-Commerce applications.
- Agile software development process and related tools (SCRUM, Jira, Confluence)
Design & develop tests, tools, & frameworks to enable reduction of manual testing. Work with development team to review functionality. Design, build, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions. Work closely with operations and software engineers to develop robust test automation, continuous integration, performance improvement, and continuous deployment environment to ensure all aspects of the product are tested correctly. Create test plans & test cases, execute manual or automated test cases, coordinate testing using product staff and testing resources, run build scripts, deploy build output to QA controlled test environments, and perform refresh of QA test environments including static QA databases. Support product development and maintenance of production systems/services. Support one or more of the large-scale web applications and partner with product teams. Responsibilities include capacity forecasting, performance improvement, and automation/tool development.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or a related field and five years of professional experience