Research Program Manager - Machine Learning
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you love taking on challenges that create a positive impact? If so, then we want you. Apple’s AI/ML organization is looking for a Research Program Manager to partner with researchers in the creation of groundbreaking technologies across products and platforms using machine learning and artificial intelligence. This role requires excellent relationship management, program creation and management and multi-functional coordination. We are looking for a creative thinker who can strategize and implement in an ever-changing environment. This teammate will use collaboration and partnership to impact engagement across multiple teams. We are looking for experience, passion and track record for shipping complex new technology. This is a hands-on Engineering Program Manager position working with the most creative people in the world. The EPM will lead teams in the entire product development lifecycle from concept to delivery.
- Keen interest in applying AI/ML technologies to real world challenges
- Understanding of modern machine learning R&D techniques
- 2-5 years of technical program/project management experience shipping software, including tracking software delivery process using tracking tools and metrics or research and/or engineering experience in machine learning.
- Extraordinary project and relationship management skills and the ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Possess natural curiosity to drive the next levels of business questions and insights
- Ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
You will be eliminating barriers to your team's success, clearly communicating their work to all partners and ensuring the big picture stays in focus while digging in to the details on specific issues. You are responsible for successful outcomes and delivery with laser focus on execution with a keen eye for meaningful details. You will relish on challenges and are excited by working with a phenomenal team on amazing new technology. RESPONSIBILITIES - Work with research teams to identify project scope, constraints, dependencies, and risks - Lead efforts to communicate progress and key results to partners via presentations, documentation and web technologies - Capture and communicate project status and metrics clearly to leadership and executive team - Drive multi-functional teams to build and enhance state-of-the-art machine learning models
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Computer Science or related technical field