Engineering Manager, AR Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little guidance fuels your creativity? We are seeking a hands-on leader to help us build interactive applications for our platform. You will be responsible for a team that will work with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our team, you will assist us in crafting future products that will delight, encourage and empower millions of people.
- 7+ years of managing software application engineering teams architecting, developing and launching applications and/or services with user-facing components, preferably in the AR space or game development.
- Strong experience in organizational design to best structure the team from conception to scale to equip the team for success in their goals.
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineering technologies, methodologies and practices.
- Mastery of a systems programming language, such as C/C++, Objective-C, Swift, etc.
- Excellent collaboration skills and relationship management to effectively lead your teams work across many leading-edge technology areas and multi-functional teams.
You'll be leading a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. - Lead great application engineering teams to deliver world-class AR application experiences. - Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team members while collaborating with a magnitude of various Apple teams to create the best solution. - Understand software components from multiple partner teams, lead the integration of those components into the unified product code base, and drive their continued development. - Establish a solid project framework and development processes. - Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the project peers and management teams. - Coding as required to support the team. - MBA a plus. - Experience developing applications for Apple products (e.g., macOS, iOS, tvOS or watchOS). - Experience developing AR applications; familiarity with ARKit. - Start-up experience is ideal but not essential.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience