Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple POI Taxonomists are responsible for building the Point of Interest categorization and data structures that drive the Maps search function. In this role, you will work with engineers, product managers, HI designers and operations teams to craft taxonomies that yield an excellent customer experience. You are skilled in data structure definition and able to work closely with technical teams to validate their proposed approaches. You will advocate for the customer experience and quality of the product.
- Validated experience working on Search improvements and data Taxonomy
- Project management skills
- Proven skills in data structuring and retrieval techniques.
- Experience working with classification systems.
- Understanding of technologies used in Search
- Excellent communication and social skills.
- Mapping or POI experience
- Detail-oriented, conclusive, self-motivated and calm under pressure.
- Ability to quickly understand complex processes and communicate them in simple language.
- Develop POI categorization structures to facilitate our extensive POI Search capabilities for our customers globally. - Analyze search metrics and customer behavior data to make intelligent decisions on optimizing our navigation structures. - Work with Search engineers to improve search results algorithmically and thru data organization. - Help develop tools and data processes.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Sciences, Knowledge Management, Information Management, or equivalent professional experience.