AI/ML - ML Engineer, Siri Data
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization the mission of the Analytics team is to inform the evolution of Siri through measurement and analysis of the user experience. As an Analytic Engineer on the team, you will build data and tools that enable analytics to inform product and engineering teams at scale, with the ultimate purpose of improving the Siri experience for Apple customers.
- You have engineered metrics and statistical information out of massive and complex datasets (e.g. Spark MLlib, Druid, Solr, Kafka).
- You have built robust feature extraction and ML training pipelines and have a keen eye for where to automate (e.g. Oozie, Airflow).
- You have done prototype-to-production development of ML models. You care about improving training performance by researching into latest algorithms. You also value scaling inferences by utilizing CPU/GPU resources in parallelized fashion and have a strong foundation in data structures and optimization algorithms.
- You are knowledgeable in classic machine learning algorithms (SVM, Random Forest, Naive Bayes, KNN etc). Good understanding of bias/variance trade-off, regularization, dimension reduction.
- You have some experience in modern deep learning techniques via packages such as PyTorch, Keras/Tensorflow.
- You are fluent in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Scala) and are comfortable developing code within a team environment (e.g. git, testing, code reviews).
- You are self-motivated and curious. You continue to learn on the job.
- You have demonstrated creative and critical thinking with an innate drive to improve how things work.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- You can influence decisions with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- You have a degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, or Engineering) with at least 5 years of industry experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- You will partner closely with Siri Data and Siri engineering teams to build data, visualization, and other analytic products. - Develop microservices that enable easier, programmatic integration of analytics across the Siri organization. - Utilize Siri speech and NL features to enable automated online evaluation of Siri user experience. - Apply ML rigor and complex algorithms in high impact projects. Evangelize learnings throughout the organization to ensure adoption.
Education & Experience
- We are looking for people with a track record in building products and relationships to affect decisions. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across billions of their interactions with a personal, intelligent assistant who is available on iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, Watch, CarPlay, and tv across more than 30 languages.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.