Siri - Analytic Engineer, Data organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking? The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization the mission of the Analytics team is to inform the evolution of Siri through measurement and analysis of the user experience. As an Analytic Engineer on the team, you will build data and tools that enable analytics to inform product and engineering teams at scale, with the ultimate purpose of improving the Siri experience for Apple customers.
- You have engineered metrics and statistical information out of massive and complex datasets (e.g. Hive, Spark MLlib, Druid, Solr, Kafka).
- You are fluent in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Scala) and are comfortable developing code within a team environment (e.g. git, testing, code reviews).
- You have built robust data and analytic pipelines and have a keen eye for where to automate (e.g. Oozie, Airflow).
- You are self-motivated and curious with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to improve how things work.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- You can influence decisions with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
You will partner closely with Siri Data teams and Siri engineering teams to build information from complex and high-volume logging coming out of Siri computational processes. Become an expert in Siri's architecture and sources of data and help shape how Siri's functionality is instrumented. Build data, visualization, and other analytic products with a drive to automate and scale the insights available to engineering teams. Develop microservices that enable easier, programmatic integration of analytics across the Siri org. Build metadata and tools that support transparency and reproducibility around analytics.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or equivalent practical experience We are looking for people with a track record in building insights and relationships to affect decisions. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across billions of their interactions with a personal, intelligent assistant who is available on iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, Watch, CarPlay, and tv across more than 30 languages.