Siri - Tools and Automation Engineer, Data organization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction? Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. We are looking for a Tooling and Automation Engineer to help with our software development processes. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- 5+ years experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems large-scale distributed systems
- Experience implementing and administering logging, telemetry and monitoring tools like Graphite / Prometheus is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in work flow management and automation on Spark, Hadoop, and HDFS environments
- Ability to rapidly learn new software languages, frameworks and APIs
- Experience in CI build tools such as Teamcity and Jenkins a plus
- Expertise in writing, debugging and optimizing code, and automating routine tasks
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills
The Siri Data Platform team is in a unique position to align our quality initiatives to a singular platform. Help us architect a highly scalable distributed data system. A part of the job is to ensure the Operational SLA for data generation & availability for Siri. In order to achieve these things you would have experience in: - Managing data in Spark and Hadoop environments using scripts, automation - Automating, deploying and operating data pipelines - Operationalizing the platforms that run on top of Druid / Solr - Supporting and optimizing runtime environment build, delivery, and deployment pipeline - Communicating and addressing build, deployment and operational issues as they come up - Implementing facilities to monitor and alert all aspects of data pipelines - Automating build, deployment, and quality processes - Collaborating with a variety of Siri teams
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.