Core Bringup Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Platform Enablement team is looking for a software engineer to support the Core Bringup organization and its work with the Silicon Engineering Group and Hardware Engineering group. The position will include debugging critical software, silicon, and hardware issues as well as developing debug tools and infrastructure to support Apple's platform bringup efforts. You will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the quality of software for Apple's products.
- GDB, LLDB, and other debug tools
- Experience with software version control systems
- Previous experience of Kernel and/or firmware engineering
- Automation infrastructure development
- Highly professional, with ability to multitask and deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Experience debugging low-level issues with ARM SoCs
- Drive multi-functional debug with silicon/hardware/software teams
- UNIX experience
- Splunk exposure would be preferred
As a Core Bringup Software Engineer you will be responsible for debugging bootloader, driver, and firmware issues on both new development hardware and shipping hardware as well as developing new tools to automate the triage and identification of software bugs. You will also be responsible for the quality of Core Bringup software including silicon bringup readiness and overall platform stability. You will use investigative skills to deep dive into statistical data and lead root cause analysis of system-level failures before they cause a customer impact.