HID, Haptics Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are looking for a creative, motivated, and passionate software engineer to develop drivers, frameworks, and tools for the Taptic Engine in next-generation Apple products, including iPhone, Watch, and Mac. Come join a tightly-integrated team of hardworking engineers to deliver extraordinary haptic experiences that will be enjoyed by millions of customers! In this role you’ll collaborate with teams across the company, including firmware, algorithms, UI, and design teams to deliver an integrated customer experience.
- Strong C/C++ and object-orientated programming and debugging skills
- Expertise in developing system software such as drivers or frameworks
- Experience with profiling code in both kernel and user-space
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with code you’ve never seen before, and understand the pertinent functionality
- Ability to apply software best-practices at both higher and lower levels of software
- Experience working with microcontrollers or sensors preferred
- Experience with designing software interfaces or APIs with customer-facing features preferred
- Independent work ethic with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
As a software engineer in haptics, you will work on all stages of the product development cycle with a vertically-integrated technology team. - You will bring up proof-of-concept prototypes and demos to help design teams explore and evaluate new interactions and user experiences - To ensure we craft well-considered features, you will architect low-latency, end-to-end haptics solutions by collecting requirements and constructing block diagrams; you will also negotiate and specify APIs, communication protocols, operating modes, and feature requirements with other software and firmware teams - You will develop and document software features on prototype hardware, potentially with custom silicon and/or algorithms with tight real-time requirements - You will debug and root cause issues and partner closely with our Quality Assurance engineers to release high-quality, robust software in iOS/watchOS/macOS releases
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.