Retail Systems Engineer
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Primarily responsible for store system maintenance, problem resolution and for developing improvements that allow for more efficient and effective support of systems. Primary systems supported are POS hardware, BOH systems and customer counting system used in retail stores around the globe.
- Strong experience with Apple hardware and software, including the latest version of OS X is helpful.
- Must have a deep understanding of the Apple brand
- Experience with Unix, Linux, VMware
- Strong troubleshooting ability; can take steps to isolate issues and determine root cause through investigative analysis in an environment where little knowledge/experience/documentation exists
- Experience with mass deployment of images and software updates to remote computers using tools such as NetRestore, DeployStudio or jamf Casper
- Experience with monitoring tools like Splunk
- Experience with file servers and associated protocols to serve files across a network: NFS, SMB and AFP
- Experience working with ticket management systems
Lead, co-ordinate and resolve incidents reported by our global retail stores as quickly as possible Ensure store systems and hardware are in compliance with information security policies and remediate any problem systems identified Work alongside various IS&T teams to resolve immediate incidents and identify and resolve root cause of incidents Work closely with hardware support team to ensure replacements are configured and deployed quickly when remote support does not resolve problem reported Support all software updates and deployments for all store systems (global) Develop and implement or improve tools used for monitoring and supporting store systems Develop and update written procedures, user documentation, and other systems-related work products as needed Work closely with our field team and helpline support teams to ensure trending problems get identified quickly and resolution updates are provided in a timely manner Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale Communicate any system updates, changes, problems or new trouble processes in a timely manner to all relevant partners, including: global IS&T Retail Systems team, help line, relevant IS&T teams, and business partners
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent