Apple Professional Learning Specialist
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Professional Learning Specialist is a full-time, remote position for approximately 1 year with Apple based in the Los Angeles, California area. This position will serve the professional learning needs of Elementary and Middle Schools, through Community Education. The Apple Professional Learning Specialist will be focused on providing training to build knowledge and skills of coding across the Pre-K through workforce pipeline; training teachers across K-12 schools and faculty. We are looking for someone who has a high caliber work ethic built from respect, trust and rapport with colleagues. The successful individual will possess a high degree of energy and social skills. This position requires a superior customer focus, extraordinary listening skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, and strong leadership skills. You are an extraordinary teammate who can collaborate with colleagues and contribute to the success and growth of the program.
- You have experience as both a teacher and a leader at the K-12 level. (instructing experience in higher education would be a most valuable asset)
- You are familiar with Common Core State Standards and content standards.
- You demonstrate a clear understanding of the fundamentals of instructional design.
- You have exemplary leadership skills in the successful implementation of digital resources in instructing and learning.
- You have exemplary instructing skills in the context of 21st Century classroom learning.
- You have experience in improving basic skills and achievement across core content areas.
- You have exemplary use of digital resources across multiple curricular areas.
- You have creative curriculum development experience, specifically infusing digital resources.
- You demonstrate a deep understanding of the components of successful professional development.
- You demonstrate experience with professional development activities such as mentoring colleagues, offering workshops locally or nationally, presenting at conferences, etc.
- You have experience delivering training and programs for students and parents on basic technology skills, the ethical and secure use of the Internet, and collaboration tools.
- You have excellent knowledge and use of Apple products such as the MacBook and iPad.
- You have excellent knowledge and use of software applications such as the suites of iLife and iWork apps, as well as other education-related third party apps.
- You have excellent knowledge and use of peripherals and apps to improve learning in areas such as math, science, social studies, English language arts and Special Education.
- You demonstrate understanding of trends in the use of technology and national trends in education in general.
- You have an understanding and experience in 1 to 1 learning environments is highly desirable.
You will collaborate with curriculum and leadership to develop an effective learning plan for professional learning that supports the goals of school districts and individual schools. You deliver high quality plans for schools throughout the United States. You deliver customized professional learning based on individual plans for educators. You handle both leadership and teacher professional learning to provide educators with the necessary skills and knowledge to help support the effective use of digital resources and Apple technology. You provide professional learning as needed to individual schools and teachers using a variety of strategies. You provide classroom support for teachers and students in their use of technology.
Education & Experience
You have a Master of Education degree or higher. You have 5+ years of classroom teaching experience.