PROJECT MANAGER - AOS COMMERCE ENGINEERING
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The worldwide (WW) Retail & Online Stores (R&OS) team is responsible for delivering the electronic commerce (eCommerce) systems and solutions that enable and support the Apple Online Store (AOS) - one of world’s largest online retail businesses, serving millions of customers around the globe. The team is part of Apple’s Information & Systems (IS&T) division, and is based primarily in Sunnyvale, California with teams in Austin, TX, London, Singapore and Hyderabad India - working as a single global team.
- 10+ years experience in project management and resource management in complex environments for budgets in the millions of dollars.
- Strong understanding of controlling and running budgets, resource management and forecasting.
- Project and program management experience in a software development environment
- Specific deep experience and functional expertise in electronic commerce for consumer products.
- Experience with engineers in a dynamic, high-pressured environment - able to have credibility with world-leading technologists that are authorities in their field, and need someone with a strong personality and the ability to establish relationships with deeply technical people.
- Experience leading multiple high priority projects at a time and driving them forward with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- An outstanding teammate with a positive attitude who establishes relationships quickly.
- Shown ability to partner and influence multi-functionally to identify, evaluate and execute strategic plans.
- Outstanding communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will provide thought-leadership for project teams by acting as a domain lead for eCommerce and combining strong business insight with strong communication and technical skills. - You will operate as an effective interface between engineers and product owners, bringing prospective and understanding of eCommerce principles to help development time and improve their efficiency in serving Apple's customers. - You understand and articulate the business and technical implications of decisions that are being made by their project teams, whilst balancing senior partner relationships to ensure successful program delivery. - A combination of gravitas and flexibility will be required to ensure that they can be effective and you have extensive experience working on consumer product launches, product merchandising in an electronic commerce environment. - You have excellent technical PM skills, and are able to operate in a complex software environment across multiple cost centers, geographies and systems. - You will guide teams of both contractors and employees, and be familiar with accounting and budget management concepts such as ‘capital vs. expense’. - You will act as the SPOC for the project to both Biz and SSGs, support gate processes and provide PLOEs and DLOEs - You will coordinate and schedule work with Development, QA/QE, DevOps and impacted SSGs - You will facilitate Daily Stand-ups and drive functional and technical issues to resolution - You will run project radar queue and change controls - You will ensure all required checkpoints are met (IRP, InfoSec, Privacy) - You will be responsible for project artifacts and storage
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with a minimum of ten years relevant work experience. Masters/MBA preferred.