Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Online Store is looking for a highly motivated, ambitious senior software engineer to join the Engineering team. You will deliver projects aimed at improving the hugely successful Apple Online Store. Apple Online Store is the Apple Inc’s global e-commerce platform present in 39 countries with 25 payment methods and a rich feature set. You must enjoy rolling up the sleeves and collaborating on a multidisciplinary team and be hardworking to explore cutting edge technologies.
- 4+ years of proven experience in successfully delivering advanced solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application.
- In-depth experience in object oriented programming like Java and/or C++, services oriented Architecture and Data Structures.
- Experience with Multi-currency transaction processing with global payment gateways will be an added benefit.
- Messaging: Solace, RabbitMQ, Kafka Design and build of PCI DSS, PII, and SOX
- Compliant Systems Encryption and hashing algorithms: AES, SHA, MD5, PGP, TwoFish; Caching technologies: Coherence, HazelCast, and Memcache; Databases: Cassandra, Couchbase, Mongo, and Oracle
- Experience in architecture or API design
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills Excitement and passion to work on amazing products Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced development team
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual with excellent written and communication skills, who is a great teammate, but not afraid to question assumptions and take initiative. As part of the AOS Engineering team, your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, content, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver world class engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Your work will focus on building high throughput, high performance, reliable, checkout & payment platform that support Apple online stores. You will wield the latest SOA frameworks and tools in Java. You will join a world class team and collaborate cross-functionally with other teams around the world to deliver architectural upgrades for http://store.apple.com.
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE or equivalent