Product Data Analyst - Beats by Dre
Culver City, California, United States
The Beats Product Team is seeking an analyst to answer—with data and thorough analysis—the hard, open-ended questions required to operate, develop, and grow the business. The Product Analyst’s mission is to drive strategic decision-making based on optimal combinations of quantitative and qualitative analysis. In this role you will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and communicating relevant data points - and implementing scalable processes that enable business analytics across both the Product Team and the broader Beats organization. Impactful research is more than just compiling metrics; you'll use your expertise to interpret findings, be prescriptive, and translate analyses into actionable business recommendations that shape the future of Beats products.
- Three to seven years of relevant analytical experience
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills and experience, with ability to analyze and communicate implications of findings
- Strong proficiency with analytical tools, Excel modeling, data visualization / Tableau, and basic data infrastructure
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Successful in a fast-paced environment; ability to handle multiple projects with competing priorities to deliver results under tight timelines
- Experience presenting research findings to diverse audiences including executive management
- Self-starter with an appetite for developing knowledge and skills
- Programmatic analytics skills such as SQL and Python are a plus, but not required
The role will be responsible for delivering key market and portfolio analytics to drive strategic decision-making. This will necessitate a comprehensive understanding of the market trends and movement as well as the product portfolio and business metrics. The Product Data Analyst will produce recurring analytics on a routine basis as well as ad-hoc assessments to support the business. • Implement and own internal processes to compile market data sources, and craft optimal communication methods to share insights with key stakeholders • Thoroughly assess business opportunities both qualitatively and quantitatively, evaluating strategic fit, industry competition and financial valuation and impact • Create keynote presentations for executive management covering new business opportunities, strategies, market assessment and financial modeling • Establish productive relationships with key players across Beats and Apple to facilitate strategic analyses • Support new market research evaluations to help drive business strategy
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Master degree preferred.