App Store, Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a forward thinking self-starter to join the App Ingest team. This is a hands-on engineering role on the team whose software validates, ingests, thins and performs other processing of apps to the App Store. There are very few teams have the breadth of involvement in Apple's product pipeline across the board as that exercised by this team.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Deep knowledge of Java or other object oriented language
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- Building application server components and services
- Experience in writing REST APIs
- Relational data modeling and SQL
- Working knowledge of XML and/or JSON serialization
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A good understanding of Public Key Infrastructure is preferred
You will participate in designing and implementing logic for ingesting apps that demonstrate new features in future devices and upcoming versions of iOS, tvOS and macOS. You will implement functionality that analyzes apps on ingest, extracting and storing information displayed on the App Store, and used in the App Store’s review and curation processes. You will implement enhancements and improvements to the workflow by which apps are thinned, encrypted, signed, and otherwise processed for distribution to TestFlight and the App Store. Join our team that has been leading the industry by constantly developing creative features since its launch in April 2003. We are looking for a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and who has excellent communication skills. We look for good teammates who are able to take on problems under tight deadline constraints and deliver imaginative solutions.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or equivalent industry experience.