IO Framework/Driver Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you’ll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. As a member of the Core I/O & Sensor team, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of HID/Sensor software infrastructure, design, development, debug and deployment: • Own feature design, implementation, and debug across kernel, user space, and proprietary co-processor runtime environments. • Partner with both internal teams and vendor teams on HID device architecture and implementation. • Lead and carry forward highly complex software and hardware efforts.
- Work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design and implementation of drivers/services and frameworks
- Drive product features and functional/industry specifications
- Bring-up, verification, and debug of devices on new hardware platforms
- Work with cross-functional teams to support product requirements for embedded products
Work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design and implementation of drivers/services and frameworks Drive product features and functional/industry specifications Bring-up, verification, and debug of devices on new hardware platforms Work with cross-functional teams to support product requirements for embedded products
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills
- Preferred experience, not required:
- Input technologies such as the Human Interface Device (HID) protocol
- Universal Serial Bus (USB)/Bluetooth/SPI or similar communication protocols
- Wired networking technologies such as Ethernet
- Embedded System software/firmware development experience.