Sr. Security Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
- Security Manager with strong technical and cross-functional skills across systems and applications
- 10+ years of technical hands on experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience leading a team of highly skilled engineers
- Security and risk domain expertise
- Excel at creative problem solving and breaking problems into achievable parts
- Someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and learning new technologies
- Someone who excels at partnership and influencing engineering decisions that are out of your direct control
As a senior manager on the security team, you will be responsible for creating goal-driven engagements to solve security problems. You will interact with senior management of engineering teams who need assistance solving security problems. You will work with your team to conduct threat modeling, define the objectives of engagements with engineering and SRE teams, and execute against those objectives. The engagements should be structured to materially improve Apple’s security risk profile. The ideal candidate will provide technical leadership to your team and review the quality engineering work and security guidance provided by your team. Strong project management skills will be critical in this role as you will work with other engineering teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.