Cellular RF Design Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. As a RF Hardware Design Engineer, we expect you to design, develop, and optimize radio frequency (RF) hardware circuits and systems for wireless communications devices. You will be involved from initial concept study to the mass production phase. Responsibilities include creating unique cellular RF front-end architectures, working with vendors to develop custom RF components, working with CAD engineers to do PCB design, designing and optimizing RF circuits to meet industry and internal standards, and providing support to factory personnel during the development of prototype hardware. Some international and domestic travel is part of the job. Would you like to join us?
- Hands-on experience with radio hardware design and development for high-volume manufacturing.
- Solid experience with high-end simulation tools like ADS, HFSS or similar.
- Fluency in wireless communications standards, wireless technology and communications market trends.
- Experience with RF Test tools and proper measurement methodologies for verifying performance of hardware design.
- Successful track record of delivering highly innovative communications products.
- Cellular Handset experience is valuable.
- We would prefer some experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, C or MATLAB.
- We are seeking radio engineers who are curious and seek to develop to a higher standard. - You will develop block diagram, schematics and layout for RF design solutions. - You will execute line-up analysis for both RX and TX on a given RF front end solution. - Excellent verbal and written communication skills will help you succeed in this role, and you can benefit from staying organized and flexible in a changing work environment.
Education & Experience
BSEE or equivalent required; MSEE or equivalent is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.