Instructional Design Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it Do you enjoy finding new training solutions for old training problems? Can you quickly and effectively gauge the needs of a group and design effective training to meet those needs? Do you thrive on managing complex training design initiatives? If so, this job is for you. The AppleCare Instructional Design Project Manager works with various business partners to identify training needs, design, and create instructor led, computer based, and virtual training using cutting-edge technology and innovative solutions. This Instructional Design Project Manager is capable of leading a collaborative development process while working closely with training developers, training delivery managers, and key project partners. You are able to create activities that are engaging, challenge the learners understanding, and to relate to learning objectives. You will be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. You’ll work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced dynamic environment that demands high quality, creativity and consistency.
- 3+ years experience in managing training projects and / or training development.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience crafting and developing training on functional job skills and leadership competencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies for classroom based, self-guided and virtual training.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes.
- High aptitude for managing and solving tactical issues.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Quickly and effectively shifts gears to meet changing business requirements.
- Ability to work effectively on global and virtual teams and accommodate time differences.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication.
- Strong sense of personal accountability for project success.
- Experience working within learning and content management systems.
You will coordinate, implement and manage training development initiatives: Develop and maintain project plans and schedule, and communicate changes in scope in a timely manner. You will develop and maintain project communications. Also, craft and maintain training documentation related to each project (such as project plans, timelines, gather sites, etc.). Engage with Developer Manager to ensure proper developer assignment to each project, as needed. Incorporate feedback to assess training effectiveness and evolving training content. You will prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing training outcomes data and trends. Work with training delivery team to determine training needs of AppleCare. Create experiential activities geared towards adult learners. Transform task lists into learning objectives.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; Master's or higher degree in a related field a plus.