Maps Core UI Software Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Have you ever thought about where have you been, and where you will go next? What tools will you use on your journey and how will you get there? Apple Maps provides an incredible sense of direction and guidance. If this sounds like a journey you would like to be part of, join us and help millions of people navigate the Globe. Maps do more than just get us from Point A to point B. They let us know where we stand in the world, help define our communities, and highlight what is of cultural importance to us. Apple’s Maps Core UI team is looking for a QA Engineer who will work closely with development and test teams across Apple which are leveraging Apple’s mapping technology suite. You will write test plans and test iOS apps to qualify features in a variety of Maps App clients on iOS, macOS, Apple Watch and CarPlay. On our team, we find that being passionate about shipping a map experience that is the best of its kind is key to making the most impact here and ultimately leads to our success.
- We are looking for the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated success with quality assurance concepts, test plan/test case definition and problem analysis
- Strong problem solving skills with an ability to diagnose & debug issues.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies & bring that passion to the organization
- Ability to work & deliver in a fast-paced agile environment
- Work closely with cross-functional teams like development, QA team’s for new feature bring up and validation.
- Document test cases for newly defined features, author test plans, test strategies for iOS devices and review them with cross functional teams.
- Execute and manage test case results, with clear and concise reports; be able to lead result and process related engineering discussions with cross-functional groups.
The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will take an active role in shaping the quality of innovative applications using emerging new technologies. You will be deeply integrated with our development engineers, developing test plans, automating unit tests, and supporting design reviews. The Maps Core UI Software Quality Engineer is responsible for working closely with the developers to help test all legacy Maps App features. You will be producing test documents, executing/analyzing, bug triaging, leading testing procedures, and ensuring the success of new feature development. You will work closely with the development team to ensure the Maps organization ships the highest quality application. The candidate should possess the ability to quickly grasp & distill information and delivering clearly documented test plans. You must also be an effective diplomat with strong communication & organizational skills.
Education & Experience
MS or BS in Computer Science or relevant proven experience will be considered