Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Data Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to be a part of one of the world’s fastest growing data warehouses for the world’s largest company? Does the prospect of being challenged with sophisticated database design and optimization problems excite you? The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 8+ years Strong Object oriented programming experience in Python/Java or Scala
- Experience working in large scale distributed cloud data warehouse platforms like Snowflake/Redshift or BigQuery
- Familiarity with core provider services from AWS or GCP, preferably having supported deployments on one or more of these platforms
- Experience with all aspects of DevOps (source control, continuous integration, deployments, etc.)
- Experience in building cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures
- Experience with messaging infrastructure like Kafka
- Knowledge in securing data, strong understanding of encryption concepts and key management
- Ability to independently lead design and development of scalable software and mentor other engineers
- Role requires candidate to be hands on
The Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team within Apple's IS&T organization has a very large Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to support analytical and reporting needs of thousands of global Apple users. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a smart, experienced and results-oriented Sr. Software engineer to work on our EDW platform to provide a scalable, high-performance and active data-warehousing capabilities. You are results-oriented, highly motivated, innovative, have a good work ethic and have consistent track record of leading and solving large scale data problems. This is a unique opportunity to be part of large scale cloud transformation initiative with the goal to migrate PB's of data to cloud. The position will involve close interaction with development, product, database administrators, system engineers and support teams. This person will review Software designs to ensure that they are optimized for performance, scale and be an inspiring leader and champion in automation. This role will provide second-level support to address any platform wide performance and stability issues.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent