Software Engineer - Cloud Data Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Would you like to be a part of one of the world’s fastest growing data warehouses for the world’s largest company? Does the prospect of being challenged with complex database design and optimization problems excite you?
- 8+ years Strong Object oriented programming experience in Python/Java or Scala
- Experience with Relational databases and good SQL knowledge.
- Familiarity with core provider services from AWS or GCP, preferably having supported deployments on one or more of these platforms
- Experience with all aspects of DevOps (source control, continuous integration, deployments, etc.)
- Experience in building cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures
- Experience with messaging infrastructure like Kafka
- Knowledge in securing data and good understanding of PGP, SSH, OAuth, HTTPS, SFTP
The Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team within Apple's IS&T organization has a very large Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to support analytical and reporting needs of hundreds of global Apple users. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a smart, experienced and results-oriented data-warehousing Architect to work on our EDW platform to provide a scalable, high-performance and active data-warehousing platform. You are ambitious, highly motivated, innovative, have a good work ethic and have a consistent track record of crafting and leading large, complex data warehouses. The position will involve close interaction with development, product, database administrators and support teams. This person will review database designs to ensure that they are optimized for performance, scalability and be an inspiring leader and champion in automation. This role will provide second-level support to address any platform wide performance and stability issues.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent