Sr. LiDAR Signal Processing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Project Group at Apple is currently seeking a senior signal processing engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, evaluating, optimizing and implementing signal processing algorithms for optical sensing and ranging applications. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable services, we may be the team for you!
- M.S. or higher in Computer Engineering, Signal Processing, Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics, or a related field + minimum of 10 years of experience in relevant fields
- Proficiency in algorithm development in Matlab, C and Python is a must
- In-depth experience in optical signal processing systems, detector physics and optical systems
- Hands on experience with lasers, photonics, optics, fiber optics, mixed signal electrical systems
- Past experience with ASIC development is a plus
- Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
To succeed within this role, you should have solid experience in several of the following areas: - Architect, design and implement digital signal processing chain from initial concepts to full implementation final product - Rapid prototyping of algorithm models and simulations from sensor data - Define system and processing requirements, architect the production signal processing solution (SW, FW, FPGA/ASIC) - Collaborate with FW engineers, FPGA engineers and ASIC designers to ensure proper implementation of signal processing algorithms in product, including verification of implemented signal processing chain with model - Collaborate with HW engineers and sensor architects to define raw input requirements from sensor, participate in factory test/calibration discussions as needed - Perform algorithm studies, define test plans, and communicate results to cross-functional teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.