Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Can you imagine what you could accomplish here? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Are you ready to bring your passion and dedication to your next challenging career adventure? Apple is seeking an extraordinary Technical PM with a focus on infrastructure security. This is a technical, hands-on role in a dynamic an agile environment. This opportunity will require a mixture of technical acumen, influential interpersonal skills, and a background in information security concepts Apple is looking for a CDN DevOps Engineer to join the Edge Services team and be responsible for Apple’s CDN infrastructure. This involves building, upgrading, and handling Apple’s worldwide CDN. You will work in a small dynamic team in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong Linux skills are a required.
- Experience with large server deployments in remote locations is a plus.
- Experience with IPV6, DNS, Git, BGP, Bird, NTP, curl, Docker etc
- Knowledge of OS deployment methods, kickstart, etc. is helpful.
- Working knowledge with Systems orchestration systems, preferably SALT.
- Scripting experience with Shell and or Python is a requirement
- LOG MANAGEMENT VIA SYSLOG-NG IS ALSO A PLUS
- Splunk experience needed.
- Ability to work without direct supervision is key to being successful.
- FreeBSD experience a plus.
You will tackle a number of issues on a global scale. The CDN continues to grow and deploy in new places, requiring the ability to seek problems remotely, including solving problems in multiple aspects of system deployment, configuration, and tuning. Understanding the full path a CDN to the end user and how to solve customer issues are needed skills for this role. Period participation in on-call rotation is expected for this position. Applicant should be able to improve on tools currently used by the team for monitoring and deployment and lead change to improve the CDN uptime and performance. You will be required to handle downtime for maintenance, while still serving traffic. You will collaborate with other groups to diagnose user experience issues, and write up documentation and procedures for other people to follow.
Education & Experience
BA or equivalent experience.