Infrastructure Services Order Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are recruiting a dynamic, energetic and motivated individual to join the Infrastructure Services Business Operations - Global Purchasing Operations team. The Purchasing Operations Order Management team is the central Infrastructure Services ordering and fulfillment operations function and is responsible to drive precise execution of the order process. Order Managers ensure that Apple infrastructure purchase requisitions are initiated promptly and orders are signaled for build, shipment and signaled for delivery in line with the agreements with our multi-functional teams. This team works closely with multi-functional teams to secure operational excellence across the regions, use insight and analytics to improve the supply chain process and develop innovative fulfillment strategies.
- Real passion for operations with relevant experience with procurement roles and policies
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve difficult issues and inspire change within and across functional departments
- Sound decision-making skills and consensus building ability
- Working knowledge of transactional systems and processes. SAP background preferred.
- Advanced experience in Excel - building macros, pivot tables and reports
- 3+ years in a similar purchasing role
- Proven leadership in driving key projects and teams
- Detailed knowledge of supply chain and logistics
- Adaptable, flexible and open-minded to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment that undergoes constant change
- Experience working in the data center is a plus
- Experience in working with international vendors
- Comfortable working autonomously and with remote leadership
This position is for an experienced Individual Contributor who will support the fulfillment of tactical requests for data center hardware and various purchasing needs. This person will apply data analysis and process mapping to drive the optimal fulfillment activities from order induction through to delivery and post delivery support. Independently process hardware and services orders and handle order exceptions according to SOP within set SLAs. Manage inbound inquiries and provide active close loop communication. Manage the correlation of data input to the acquisition of assets. Develop written plans, policies, and procedures to document processes to support the purchasing of assets. Influence our procurement signal by working with Business teams, Engineering, Corporate Procurement, Finance, Logistics, Deployment teams and Supply Partners to drive for a responsive supply chain that is optimized for lowest costs, greater operational flexibility, regional fulfillment and the highest quality of delivery. Participate with internal business expansion and automation projects. They will act as a key shareholder in developing automated solutions and testing that these solutions are fit for purpose. As part of the Global Purchasing Operations group you will frequently interact with other multi-functional leaders, customers, partners and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. You will lead a cooperative effort among multiple members of a project team.
Education & Experience
Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Procurement - or if you feel you have related experience, you are encouraged to apply.