Accommodations Business Partner
Austin, Texas, United States
Employee Relations is a global team that assists managers and the People Team in dealing with employee issues and concerns including policy interpretation, investigations and compliance. The Accommodation Business Partner designs and administers proactive programs, procedures and plans related to employee relations activities. In this role, you will provide guidance and training to partners within the People team, managers and employees on employee relations issues related to medical conditions, such as leave policies and reasonable accommodations. This role helps to improves ER efficiencies with metric-driven continuous improvement, and ensures that legal requirements are met in terms of employee relations to minimize exposure to liability. This position is on site in Austin, Texas.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a demonstrated full understanding of U.S. Leave laws including FMLA and ADA/ADAAA regulations
- Proven ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- 3+ years related experience or Line HR experience with demonstrated employee relations and accommodation experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills including effective listening and documentation
- Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with and influence line managers and HR colleagues
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Outstanding follow through, prioritization, and organizational ability
- Consistently exhibits high levels of discretion, integrity, and confidentiality
Provide initial support re: advising with ER/People partners, managers and employees on a myriad of issues including: - Leaves of absence - Reasonable accommodations - Unauthorized Leaves - Position Backfill Requests - Complex accommodations for returns from leave of absence - Manage communication flow from multiple sources in effort to reduce delays on employee requests for assistance. - Keep ER metrics monthly and review on a monthly/quarterly basis to assess where action can be taken to simplify a process, support the overall Accommodation team, train managers, etc. in order to support a growing client base. - Provide support for Apple internal partners, like facilities and EH&S to streamline accommodation processes/support. - Support ER projects/initiatives as needed.
Education & Experience
BA or 3+ years of equivalent job experience.