Engineering Program Manager, Editorial Tools: App Store & Arcade
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we lead a fast-growing marketplace and growing set of services for Apps, Music, TV & Movies, Books, Podcasts, and more. We’re passionate about creating functional & intuitive internal tools and want to talk if you are too. Specifically, we’re looking for a good Program/Project Manager to drive internal tools initiatives related to App Store. Program Managers for Editorial Tools are responsible for shipping new features and improving on existing features to scale the business operations, editorial, design and production teams. We're looking for people with proven track records of shipping complex under demanding timelines. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you have more. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage conflict; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team
- 4+ years of program, project, or product management in software development.
- Strong understanding of content management systems and the information architecture behind it.
- Identify and scope cross-functional projects based on current engineering resources, user requests and business priorities.
- Define user workflows, taking into account multiple teams and their differing work styles.
- Communicate clearly with engineering to guide the design and development of database models.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, disciplined, and self-sufficient.
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Strong technical proficiency in software architecture and development. Bonus points for past programming experience.
- Familiar with Agile & Waterfall Methodologies.
- ScrumMaster, Product Owner, or PMP certificates a plus.
- Drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects related to Editorial Tools for the App Store and Arcade services. - Oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. - Define business, functional, and operational requirements (often writing them yourself). - Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the Editorial Tools team. - Own overall cross-functional schedules, which may impact cross-functional engineering teams, including client, server, tools, reporting and others.
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field