Program Manager, Internal Tools: Localization & Production Design Workflows
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Media Products is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we lead a fast-growing marketplace and growing set of services for Apps, Music, TV & Movies, Books, Podcasts, and more. We’re passionate about creating functional & intuitive internal tools and want to talk if you are too. Specifically, we’re looking for an exceptional Technical Program Manager to drive internal tools initiatives related to Editorial Copy and Localization workflows, as well as Production Design projects across all of Apple Media Products, including; App Store, Arcade, Apple Music, Beats 1, Books, Podcasts, and TV. Program Managers for Editorial Tools are responsible for shipping new features and improving on existing features to scale our Editorial, Localization and Production Design teams processes. We're looking for people with proven track records of shipping complex projects across various services lines under pressure and aggressive timelines. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements gathering and analysis, functional and technical design discussions, technical specification writing, testing and driving user acceptance testing, proof-of-concept, working with both internal and external partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and executing flawlessly for delivery of end-to-end solutions. Strong fundamentals are a must, but you must go well beyond. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage conflict; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have a deep understanding of your project as it relates to the larger organization; you use good judgement and are thoughtful about decision making; you maintain focus on what’s most important; you are able to context switch and maintain priorities; you build and maintain strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself, your team and the greater organization.
- 4+ years of program, project, or product management in software development.
- Strong understanding of content management systems and the information architecture behind it.
- Identify and scope cross-functional projects based on current engineering resources, user requests and business priorities.
- Define user workflows, taking into account multiple teams and their differing work styles.
- Communicate clearly with engineering to guide the design and development of database models.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, disciplined, and self-sufficient.
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Strong technical proficiency in software architecture and development. Bonus points for past programming experience.
- Familiar with Agile & Waterfall Methodologies.
- ScrumMaster, Product Owner, or PMP certificates a plus.
- Managed task management or workflow platforms for Editorial Copy, Localization and Production Design teams
- Strong understanding of design tech and asset management principles and systems
- Drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects related to Editorial Tools for the App Store and Arcade services. - Oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. - Define business, functional, and operational requirements (often writing them yourself). - Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the Editorial Tools team. - Own overall cross-functional schedules, which may impact cross-functional engineering teams, including client, server, tools, reporting and others.
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field