Software Engineer iCloud SRE Tools
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iCloud SRE Performance and Tools team is seeking a Software Engineer to develop tools and infrastructure that improve iCloud’s performance, availability and resiliency. The position requires expert coding skills along with deep understanding of networking systems. Knowledge of microservices and experience with different cloud providers (AWS/GCP,Azure) is plus. We are hiring high quality engineers with a diverse set of experiences and skill sets for positions on Apple’s primary cloud offering. We're looking for a talented and hardworking person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- 3+ years software engineering experience or coding experience in Java or Scala.
- Deep understanding with API design, RESTful principles, and design patterns.
- Good working experience with Maven/Jenkins and CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of at least one SQL and NoSQL database.
- Experience participating in code reviews.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Spinnaker and AWS is a desired.
- Experience developing Chaos experiments is a plus.
The services iCloud runs are massive. Operating at our scale, across multiple geographically dispersed data centers and servicing hundreds of millions of users presents rare challenges. As a member of the SRE Performance and Tools team, you will seek these problems using data, strong coding skills & teamwork. You will lead projects that will have significant impact on iCloud’s performance, availability and resiliency. Your products will be used by both developers and SREs across the organization. These include (but not limited to) products like Performance as a service, Power and Network impact analysis and recommendation tool, Synthetic monitoring, Chaos Engineering and more. You will interface with stakeholders outside iCloud, understand their needs and build things that bring value and happiness.
Education & Experience
- BS/M.S in Computer Science or related technical field