Global Supply Manager - OSAT
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Act as resident expert for the assigned commodity, semiconductor test & packaging.
- Effectively interface with suppliers to negotiate optimal sourcing terms. Understand the tradeoffs between cost, volume, and quality in order to strike agreements that meet Apple’s performance criteria and secure supply continuity.
- Collaborate across the Apple organization to ensure business objectives are met. Includes the ability to rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders and to actively identify potential supply issues that can affect product strategy.
- Work closely with SEG’s assembly, test and substrate engineers to understand new product requirements, facilitate supplier R&D support, and influence sourcing decision at early stage of development.
- Utilize soft skills to navigate the internal organization and be able to influence key stakeholders to align with strategic operational goals.
Apple OSAT GSMs own the commercial relationship with our semiconductor back-end manufacturing partners and are responsible for cost negotiations, contracts, continuity of supply, risk management, driving operational and cost efficiencies through process or design optimization. GSMs sit at the intersection of Apple's business and engineering communities, and effectively balance the needs of both groups to ensure successful introduction and mass production of Apple designed semiconductors. The OSAT GSMs directly supports Apple’s in house Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) while working in concert with operations, quality, and other cross functional teams to enable successful product introductions. SEG is responsible for developing and bringing to market Apple’s Application Processors and a every growing list of leading edge, differentiating chips for Apple’s products.
Education & Experience
Requires BA/BS degree plus 6 years related experience or MS degree plus 4 related years experience.
- The OSAT GSM position requires solid understanding of, and interest in, critical commercial aspects such as market dynamics, competitive behavior, negotiation, contracts, pricing, and risk mitigation - ideally with some experience from the semiconductor packaging and manufacturing industry. Complementing the Supply Chain expertise the position would benefit from some technical background or aptitude.
- An ideal candidate should have:
- ▪5+ years of experience in supply chain management, preferably from the Semiconductor industry.
- ▪Top-notch analytical/negotiation skills.
- ▪Ability to toggle between strategic and detail orientated thinking.
- ▪Ability to independently negotiate and close complex contracts and deals.
- ▪Tenacious problem solving & issue resolution skills.
- ▪Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- ▪Self-starter, with ability to drive large and complex projects to closure independently.
- ▪Ability to influence across multiple functional teams.
- ▪Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments.
- ▪Excellent communicators, capable of working in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing extraordinary objectives.