Test Engineer- Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. This key role exists with Operations Test Engineering team with a focus on ensuring the deployment of efficient and effective test solutions on the iPad product line. With the key vantage point to influence the test coverage throughout the supply chain for a product, this is a unique opportunity to both ensure appropriate test coverage exists, while optimizing the total cost of test.
- 5+ years of technical working experience in high volume manufacturing of consumer electronics
- Significant experience in testing methodologies of typical computer/mobile device subsystems and finished goods testing.
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proficiency in oral/written English.
- Shown ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment
- Ability to travel 25% to the worldwide manufacturing sites to work face to face with the local Test Engineering teams at key points in the product development cycle
- Advanced learnings in data analytics an advantage.
- Mandarin language skills are a plus.
You will work closely with the Hardware and Software design teams to ensure the test equipment / processes required for the New Products meet the standards expected in a high-volume manufacturing environment Lead the standardization and optimization of the test processes Comprehensively understand and demonstrate the Return on Investment analysis for test engineering investments Provide technical / product expertise to the regional test teams to ensure their readiness for the new products and in resolving any Test Engineering related issues through the life of the product Work closely with your peers in the other product areas to ensure we have the most optimal test processes across all products / sites You will conduct detailed product failure analysis and drive issue resolutions
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or related field, MS preferred.