Strategic Initiatives Program Manager - US Bus Ops
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
We’re perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Whether you work at our global offices, offsite, or even at home, a job at Apple will be demanding. But it also rewards forward-thinking, original thinking and hard work. And none of us here would have it any other way. The US Business Operations team is responsible for managing complex, business critical initiatives. The Strategic Initiatives Program Manager is central to our success and focused on delivering exceptional outcomes for the US Channel. We’re looking for a strategic initiative Program Manager to partner with internal Business Owners as well as our Channel Partners to manage and deliver programs intended to evolve the US business. Once you have successfully delivered each program, you will use input from cross-functional teams to identify program components and resources required for that initiative to become part of the day to day business. You’ll partner with multiple internal and worldwide teams to influence and implement these strategies. You’ll work in a dynamic environment with passionate colleagues, where your organizational, creative, problem solving, collaboration and analytical skills can shine.
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years experience managing complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Knowledge of Wireless/Carrier industry and/or Big Box Retail, and/or Enterprise sales processes.
- Exceptional analytical skills and comfort with: return on investment analyses, identification and measurement of program critical metrics, general business finance
- Experience in interacting with, presenting to and influencing all levels of Leadership.
- Skills to work across a complex matrix of partners, with a track record of forming close partnerships with broad extended teams.
- Ability to translate business goals into programmatic engagement strategies.
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solver who can address current challenges while predicting and managing to potential issues 1-2 quarters out.
- Motivated collaborator that is comfortable delegating and directing others to achieve amazing outcomes
- Consistently seeks feedback while driving goals and is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- High level of ethics, values, integrity and trust
- Ability to facilitate collaboratively in cross-functional decision-making environments.
- Excellent project management skills with great attention to detail.
- Experience with Apple products and software.
- Potentially up to 25% travel.
- To start, you will partner with a Business Owner to lead an initiative to identify, develop and implement affordability strategies focused on our hero lines of business. You will work with Product Marketing, Marketing Communications, US Consumer and Carrier Sales Leaders, Business Insights & Analytics, Operations, Finance and multiple other teams to develop and deliver a holistic solutions - Through clear communication of program vision and goals, work across Apple to guide the initiative to a successful conclusion. You will identify all required work streams, manage program updates, raise appropriately, and own problem resolution - Partner cross-functionally to establish and report key performance indicators, track program results against intended business outcomes, and assess overall effectiveness of the initiative (e.g., Program return on investment, OPEX/Budget management, Customer/Employee experience measures). The results will then be used to inform future program development. - Collaborate cross-functionally with both Partner and Apple teams to conduct needs assessment and business analysis to identify program components, tools, and resources required for your initiatives to move from the “launch” to “run” phase - Develop Strategic Initiative governance processes and project management resources and tools to be used by others
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher