Software Engineering Manager - Display and Color Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Display Software & Technologies in the Interactive Media Group is looking for an experienced software engineering manager to develop and maintain the display abstraction and color management for macOS, iOS and tvOS. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have invented and defined True Tone, and are redefining computer graphics and display technologies creating industry leading solutions such as Retina, Wide Gamut, Enhanced Dynamic Range, Dynamic Adaptation, and True Tone. Our teams feature a collaborative environment with creative, smart people and groundbreaking technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and encouraged. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn’t know of yet.
- We are looking for a manager with strong engineering background who is excited to work with engineers to create exciting new products. This manager has the organizational skills, has the diligence to drive, and the perseverance to ship products.
- 5 or more years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience leading a software team of highly skilled engineers
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Coding experience in C and Objective-C
- Proven ability to develop and ship high-quality products
- Adaptive approach to problem solving
- You are someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and passion for learning new concepts and technologies
As a team, Display Software & Technologies is responsible for bringing up the Mac display pipeline on new products, including the development and integration of systems software for macOS, interfaces with internal display timing controllers, GPU display pipes, backlight controls, internal and external display link configuration and management. We also develop and maintain parts of the display abstraction for macOS including display configuration, preferences and manage the adaption for display of rendered content to the user's perception. We create products that just work and look great in the diverse environments where customers use our products. As an engineering manager on the Display Software & Technologies team, you will be responsible for driving new features, functional specs and schedules. You’ll work on a wide range of components from DisplayPort link management, Apple’s graphics control policy managers for displays to discrete GPU mux switching, HDCP and downlink security, and kernel and user driver software that interacts with other system-level drivers from audio to power management. You’ll work on improving quality and performance, resource planning, and developing and mentoring your team. The ideal candidate will be technically hands-on and will be expected to quickly become proficient with the code to set technical direction on multiple projects. Strong project management skills will be critical in this role as you will work with other software engineering teams, partner closely with QA, and engineering project management.
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent required
- Work on display-related technologies, color and computer graphics