Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing campaigns to ensure the flawless development and execution of extraordinary communications. As a Marcom editor, you will work closely with Marcom writers and other teams to ensure clarity and accuracy in Apple communications, including product packaging, retail marketing, Apple.com, social media, video, events, and brand guidelines. This is an opportunity to join an established, experienced editing department.
- You have at least eight years of editorial experience or an advanced degree plus at least five years of editorial experience.
- You have extensive editing and proofreading experience at a publication, design or financial firm, corporate marketing communications department, or ad agency.
- You have great attention to detail and are able to be flexible, to adapt quickly to change, and to focus and prioritize.
- You are an excellent communicator, enjoy collaboration, and have strong people skills.
- You possess a deep understanding of the creative development and production process and are technically savvy.
- You have a firm grounding in U.S. English style, usage, grammar, and punctuation, and you are familiar with standard style and usage guides.
- You are aware of current language trends and possess some knowledge of trademark and brand identity issues.
- You thrive in a demanding, high-profile, dynamic, and confidential work environment.
We edit and proofread complex print and interactive marketing communications, including packaging, collateral and signage for retail and channel partners, websites, and other consumer-facing Apple marketing deliverables. We collaborate with creative, production, product marketing, and legal teams to craft communications of the highest quality. We review projects at all stages of the design and studio review process from copy development to layout to mechanical to final proofs and live websites. Our work requires focus and attention to detail while working with other editors and Marcom team members to find solutions to daily challenges. We are passionate about collaborating in a creative, dynamic environment.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree is required.