Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Have you ever wondered who is responsible for the ongoing monitoring and analyzing of security threats at Apple? Or how employees are directed towards the help that they need? Apple seeks an extraordinary, customer service focused and motivated person to join our Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Team as a Control Room Operator. This is an interesting and challenging role responsible for the safety and security of Apple employees, customers, and its buildings world-wide. We prefer that you have a GSOC or communications center background but will strongly consider a background from outside the security field. We know that the right person can be trained for the job.
- Customer service experience
- Flexibility to work various shifts in a 24/7/365 operation
- Dependable, reliable, hardworking and has a drive for results
- Ability to work independently and as an integral member of the team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and maintain excellent attention to detail in a dynamic work environment
- Strong typing and computer skills needed
- Ability to write comprehensive incident summaries following events
Work as part of a customer service team in our 24 X 7 Global Security Operations Center (GSOC). You will have responsibilities that include: • Answer emergency and non-emergency calls from employees globally, evaluate the information provided to understand needs, options for resolution, and raise issues to the appropriate resources for resolution. • Use technology to monitor and investigate alarms in various Apple buildings globally, dispatch Customer Service and Safety Specialists and other resources utilizing a computer aided dispatch system, and coordinate larger issues with public safety agencies and the leadership team. • Manage access control for employees, contractors, and vendors • Support key business partners and enable Global Security initiatives that ensure a safe and secure environment. • Work closely with all Global Security teams (Operations, Crisis Management, Environmental Health & Safety, Intelligence, Investigations, Data Centers, as well as Facilities, Legal and HR). • Use GSOC software and systems for communications, video review, crisis management response, record keeping, and access control.
Education & Experience
High School diploma (or GED) required. Some college or equivalent professional experience preferred. Previous GSOC or dispatching experience is a plus, but not required. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Physical and Environmental Factors Control Room Operators must be able to:
- • Successfully complete required training including classroom and on-the-job training program
- • Operate a variety of equipment and tools, including telephones, security systems, computer or workstation keyboards, hand-held equipment (such as a radio, iPad, cell phone, etc.), and foot pedals
- • Perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination actions such as answering phones, using hand-held radio equipment, writing/typing reports, and using foot pedals.
- Control Room Operators work in a secure, structured, and sometimes stressful environment. While performing duties in GSOC, CROs may be exposed to the following:
- • Structured breaks and lunch schedules
- • Prolonged periods of sitting or standing (work stations have sit/stand option)
- • Exposure to computer screens and video displays
- • Temperature controlled indoor environment with low lighting
- • Wearing and use of headsets