Systems QA Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Product Systems Quality Team is looking for a creative and motivated Systems QA Automation Engineer with excellent analytical, programming, problem-solving and communication skills. In this position you will build automation across iOS, write new tests, execute them and analyze its results. It requires a critical thinker with good attention to detail and an aptitude for learning new technologies. It also requires experience working with existing frameworks and authoring new frameworks to develop and support automation tools. Do you like working on a team that makes a difference with the products they create? Do you have a passion for quality? Come join a creative team of automation engineers who help to drive and improve the quality of future Apple products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
- Ability to create, modify and execute tests for hardware/software at the system level.
- Ability to write test plans and other test documentation as required.
- Ability to collaborate with peers, and cross-functionally with other QA teams, Developers, and Project Managers
- Ability to identify high customer impact issues and drive them to resolution with the partnered teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience presenting data to cross-functional teams and/or management
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong QA fundamentals and prior programming or automation experience to handle responsibilities spanning all phases of development. You will be responsible for writing new automated tests and for maintaining the infrastructure necessary to run that automation. In early development phases, you will be asked to develop an automation test plan in cooperation with HW and SW engineering to cover the testing of new features. As development progresses, you will work closely with engineers to build and maintain automated test suites and infrastructure. Once tests are mature, you will execute these tests to collect and analyze results and use this data to identify, reproduce, and isolate HW/SW bugs related to unreleased Apple products.
Education & Experience
- BS EE/CS/CE or equivalent experience preferred
- Nice to have:
- - Familiarity with Objective-C or Swift
- - In-depth understanding of iOS, OS X, or Unix