HID Embedded Algorithms Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Join the engineering team that turns sensor signals into next-generation human interfaces for iPhone, iPad, Macs, and exciting new products. You will be part of a strong team with a wide range of backgrounds, including signal and image processing, statistics, machine learning, human factors, and firmware development. Help develop powerful new algorithms, then see people all over the world use them in Apple products. Work on innovative projects from start to finish: from concept all the way to shipping. You have at least two years of experience with most of the following:
- Programming in C or C++
- Embedded system design, or embedded programming
- Low power or low memory systems
- Data analysis, such as signal processing, finance, or machine learning
We are looking for a signal processing engineer who can write low-level code for an embedded or resource-constrained system. Your code will process sensor signals and turn them into human interactions. You will collaborate with extraordinary engineers to design and build algorithm prototypes; then, you will help us architect and code the on-device implementation. You will have special responsibility for driving the algorithm implementation, but will also work closely with firmware engineers to integrate your code. Do you have experience working with data? Bring it, to help us develop and optimize machine learning and data processing pipelines, and understand how users are interacting with our prototypes. HID operates at the intersection of hardware, software, and design. That means the problems you take on will have many interesting facets, the work and challenges are dynamic, and you will get to know and collaborate with skilled, diverse people all across the company.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in EE, CS, mathematics, physics, or equivalent experience
- While not required, any of these extras will make you more effective:
- - Automated data processing, in a high-level language like Python
- - Machine learning, especially pipeline development
- - Control systems, optimization, or other applied mathematical techniques
- - Circuits, systems, or other hardware design experience
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.